Salutations!

Go down

Salutations!

Post by Falrox on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:42 am

Some of you know me by now (Fal Aeolius/Avedon) but I thought I'd still introduce myself.
Hi, I'm Fal. Very Happy
I'm 21 years old, male, and attend college as a third-year and also work each week.
I've been an official furry for quite some time (a little over 5 years) and unofficially for a few years before that (before I knew what a furry was). I'm not too open about it to my real life friends for fear of being judged. I know, everyone always says "who cares what they think", but I've never been able to fully adopt that philosophy. I'm a very sociable, "people" person and some of my strengths involve my interactions and relationships with others, so knowing someone judges me isn't as easy to dismiss. Razz
I have met other furries a few times, particularly local ones (even organizing a meet for one of the occasions). I would love to meet some more to hang out and such.

I'm a huge gamer, huge music geek, and huge nerd in general. My hobbies involve music, computers, games, the like. I am also a pretty big sports guy, not to the point of knowing everything about everyone on every [insert sport here] team, but I will watch and enjoy it if it is on television. On that note, I can be competitive and rage, but I am working to do so less often, generally keeping a low profile if genuinely upset, especially because I now represent more than just myself. I don't want to paint a bad image for the SG (or a worse image for furries; we all know how much flack the fandom gets already).

As mentioned before, some of my strengths involve how I relate to other people. I'm genuinely a kind, friendly, caring person, though I will joke around and poke fun occasionally (who doesn't?). I urge anyone to not take offense by anything I say, as much of the time I am sarcastic and joking, but if something I say or do tickles your fancy wrong, please let me know, because I take pride in my friendly, optimistic personality. I believe humor is one of the most important aspects of life and joke around simply for the humor. I rarely (read: almost never) mock someone to deliberately make them feel bad.
On that note, I can also be fairly shy. I have low self-esteem most of the time and am generally reserved. I'm rarely (if ever) the life of the party, but I have my moments when I am in such a good mood that my reservedness gets temporarily overwritten by a much more talkative personality... and in those times I feel like I'm being a nuisance and then I go back to being reserved. Actually, I feel like I'm being a nuisance more offen than not.

I'm currently single (not advertising, just informing Razz), having recently come out of a relationship. My ex of 5 years (who is also a furry) and I decided it was time to move on. She's now with someone else, and we are still very good friends. All is well. :3

Any other information desired, simply ask. I miss being a part of a community!

Last edited by Falrox on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : (added signature :P and a few more details)
Falrox
tasty buttcakes

CO Handle : @Falrox
Awesomeness Meter : 4
Awesomeness Meter : 65

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/falaeolius

Back to top Go down

Re: Salutations!

Post by Nuka on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 am

Welcome to the group! Hope you enjoy your stay with us ^^

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”
—Confucius