Confused

Go down

Confused

Post by lovelyeevee on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:19 am

Hi um, well I'm Mina, and i wasnt sure where to put this so I might as well do it here.
I'm very confused as to what happened to this site. What happened to Eternal Pokémon Legend? Where's Nox and egsldr?
I was here back when the site was first advertised on reddit. I was devestated when the site shut down but I had faith during the weight. Now, I'm so confused. Could someone answer my questions?

lovelyeevee

CO Handle : @lovelyeevee
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Confused

Post by hojak on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:05 am

Right there with you Mina, I think most other people lost hope of the site ever returning :/

hojak

CO Handle : Hojak
Awesomeness Meter : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyeevee on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:16 am

(Sorry, saw your post first)
And i hope not :c I know Chris isn't, glad I got his number before the site went down

lovelyeevee

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Biu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 am

Hey you two. I'm just as confused as you are. Right now the only real common ground I can find is the use of "Eternal". I've been trying to get in contact with egsldr today, but he's been unresponsive. A bit worrying since I'm supposed to be the web dev for the entire thing.

From previous chats, he's assured me that EPL is coming back (I don't know how much info I can give out, but I'll leave it at that since it was relatively public info). At first it was soon. Then a few months later it was "next week". Then it was "Wednesday". Then it was today. And here we are.

My thoughts are that he's migrating and things either aren't quite set up right, or something went wrong in the setup. I would assume the latter? My guess is higher ups in EPL know higher ups here in EA, and that we're going to be taking over a sub-domain of the Alliance Forums (as seen by the eternal.allianceforum sub-domain), but there's two problems with that; if we were migrating to a sub-domain of an established forum, then something's not set up right and we're redirecting to the main forum. This should have been fixed a while ago, rather than migrating and hoping it works. That, and allianceforum itself as a domain redirects to the same free forums homepage that the pokemonlegend domain did (we used to be on eternal.pokemonlegend).

I'll continue poking around, see what I can figure out on my own, and see what I can get out of egsldr that I can publically post.

Candy Biu

CO Handle : @biodude94566
Awesomeness Meter : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Biu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 am

Oh, and if either of you have Steam or Skype, please please please add me so we can keep in contact. I'm biodude94566 on both, with a display name of Candy Biu.

Candy Biu

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Biu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 am

That was quick. A bit of poking around. I see no other familiar faces in the memberlist. The forum is tiny (at least, it is when the biggest forum you go to has more members logged on late at night than this forum has total members), and has no apparent connection to EPL. Eg is offline

My bet is now lying on something like the free forum backend of the site automatically redirected eternal.pokemonlegend to eternal.allianceforum due to inactivity or the like. Or maybe Eg disabled/deleted the forum. Something happened that caused it to redirect (and as far as we can see, incorrectly). Maybe it was a botched migration. Who knows, speculation will only get us so far. My vote is that I'm going to wait it out and pester Eg more tomorrow. I'm already trying to get up early for some good ol' fashioned TI3 games.

As for the existing forum and members... sorry for spamming you so out of the blue like this. If you're confused about this, we're just as confused as you! We'll more than likely leave as soon as we figure out what's going on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Candy Biu

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyeevee on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:16 am

CANDY HOLY CRAP :DDDD ME AND CHRIS HAVE MISS YOU SO MUCH!!
Totally gonna add you on Skype. Don't judge my name... Razz

lovelyeevee

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Biu on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 am

lovelyeevee wrote:Don't judge my name... Razz
-juuuuuuuuuudge-

Candy Biu

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyeevee on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 am

You ass Razz

lovelyeevee

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Biu on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:00 am

Alright guy and gal (and anyone looking for EPL that's reading)! I've got news! I got in contact with Nox about everything. It turns out that he tried activating the forums and got completely locked out of everything. He's in contact with the free forums backend to try and get things sorted out, and is just as confused as us. So hopefully we'll see something legitimate shortly.

Candy Biu

Back to top Go down

Post by hojak on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:37 am

That's some good news at least... Thanks candy Smile

hojak

CO Handle : Hojak
Awesomeness Meter : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice_Liddell on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:29 pm

This used to be the website of a champions online super group called eternal pack but isn't really used much anymore. I check the site every once in awhile kind of funny to see a Pokemon group here XD
Alice_Liddell

CO Handle : @Sabre_Niquole
Awesomeness Meter : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum