Pics of teh lizurd

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pics of teh lizurd

Post by Janet Green on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

I was asked to post some of the drawings I've been doing of Janet for the past 7 years, so here are a few that are fairly recent.

Janet Green

CO Handle : Janet Green
Awesomeness Meter : 7
Awesomeness Meter : 179

Back to top Go down

Re: Pics of teh lizurd

Post by Moon Huntress on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 am

OMG, u are SUCH an artist! Use the green liz for your avatar!!! Very Happy
Moon Huntress

CO Handle : Moon Huntress
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 153

http://avatars.imvu.com/AppleMousie

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:31 am

..I am envious of your ability to perform visual art amazingly... CURSE MY VERBAL PROFICIENCY! Seriously though. I'm envious of your talent, they're incredibly good. Keep at it.

The Dread Lord

CO Handle : @ADDGuy @AppleGravy
Awesomeness Meter : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Thank you, both of you. ^_^ I remembered I have a sketch somewhere of Janet sparring Jack (He's a bear, and running around CO now, so keep an eye out for him!) would be a nice image to show of both characters. Once I find it I'll upload it as well.

I think if anyone else has pictures of their characters they should upload them too! I don't think I'm the only one who's character predates Champions.

(Oh, and BTW, I take commissions, in case you're interested. Razz)
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuka on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Janet Green wrote:I don't think I'm the only one who's character predates Champions.
Yea, mine's based off my fursona xD

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”
—Confucius

Nuka
Resident Hax0r

CO Handle : @JaxBug
Awesomeness Meter : 19
Awesomeness Meter : 354

http://eternal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm

I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to think some might want to see my works in progress of Janet? I like where this one is going and I didn't want to wait til it was done to show it to you guys. I'll probably even update as I work on it so you can see my process.

Spoiler:

Close UP.

Spoiler:

actually that close up would make for a good user icon...
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Progress report!
Spoiler:
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:04 pm

DAM i wish i c ould draw and stuff like that ive tried drawing my toon like forever and yea mine predates CO
vivi

CO Handle : vivikeni
Awesomeness Meter : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am

How long have you been attempting to draw your character? I've had mine for about 7 or 8 years now so I've had a lot of practice. ^_^
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 am

I have been drawing for about 7 years, but as of late I have artists block. Mostly from work, but also from lack of inspiration. One of these days I will draw something up for y'all, but who knows when it will be, also will need to get a working scanner. I deal mostly with traditional media.
IshaAito

CO Handle : Ketara@ishaaito
Awesomeness Meter : 5
Awesomeness Meter : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Ah, mental blocks... I've recently been suffering a form of painter's block... Not pictures and whatnot, but repainting miniatures. I'll put up a couple pictures if I can of some of my works. I'm not too good, but some things can look pretty good, given enough effort. This may be my last post for a week or so...

The Dread Lord

CO Handle : @ADDGuy @AppleGravy
Awesomeness Meter : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 pm

like 5 yeasrs and have had alot of practice but i still suck
vivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 pm

I suffer from artist's block all the time. What I have found is that it tends to be related to a specific project. it's not universal, but on the one thing you are attempting to do. The best way to solve it would be to move on to other things until the inspiration strikes again. For example, in my case I am working incrementally on two other drawings besides this one. It doesn't have to be other drawings either, it could be anything, blogging, exercise, cooking, I just recommend it being something active and conductive. You don't get your inspiration back by sitting in front of the TV eating fast food being bored and depressed.

By the way, it's time for another update!
Spoiler:

By the way, I thought I should let you know that this particular image has a unique schedule. Starting sunday night, I began working at my local church for Vacation Bible School by operating the sound booth. This occurs only during the beginning and end of VBS, so between those two instances I have aboutw an hour and a half to two hours of free time. It is during that time, during my inspirational high after working the sound booth, that I draw. each evening when I return home I have showed you my progress, and I will continue to do so for the duration of Vacation bible school. Also, with a few WIP notes.

for instance, in this one I cleaned up a lot of the linework, particular Janet's lines, and applied more color. All of Janet's flat colors are now in place and are ready for shading. The building on the right has been cleaned up, and more colors has been applied. I'm planning on starting on the two helicopters sooner rather than later to get them caught up with the rest of the linework.
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 pm

'nuther update! And this is a big one!
Spoiler:

lotta work got done on this one. Didn't get to the helicopters like I wanted byt got most of the color in, a lot of the line art cleaned up, and the city scape in the background which I think looks awesome.
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

DAMN!!!!! all i can say
vivi

Back to top Go down

Post by IshaAito on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 pm

I really can't wait to see the finished product. Oddly enough I suck at coloring things, yet I am an awesome painter. And another kinda ironic thing... I hate painting.
IshaAito

CO Handle : Ketara@ishaaito
Awesomeness Meter : 5
Awesomeness Meter : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 am

I can't say I like painting, plus I suck at it. Digital color, however, I obsess over when in the right frame of mind, and it's something I think I'm good at. ^_^

Today's update is smaller, but no less important!

Spoiler:

I finally got the CHoppers in there. Or at least, one of them. The other is still under construction. I got some flat colors in there as well to mark out where in the sky the choppers will be. for the rest of hte image, it's largely just cleaner line work, which, since the image got larger (yet will still be shrunk down to 800 pixels) you more than likely won't be able to tell the difference. Also, lense flare effect! Now you're thinking with Photoshop! XD
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuka on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 am

Looks good, although the lens flare looks a bit out of place. I think you should just stick to helicopter spotlights for this.

—Confucius

Nuka
Resident Hax0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 pm

the lens flare IS the spotlight, at least for hte one on the right since it's pointing almost directly at the viewer. It may look unnatural now but once the rest of the shadins has been done it should fit right in.
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuka on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Alright, well still I'd suggest you look at some lighting references.

For example:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

(lens flare?)

Hope I'm helpful or something. I do think that a powerful contrast in the lighting would have a good effect on this picture.
Also some kind of shine on the handgun would look nice too.

—Confucius

Nuka
Resident Hax0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Already working on it. The lense flare for the right chopper provides the effect for the back lighting. I already intend for the chopper on the left to have a cone of light of sorts. right now, the trick is the shading to make those lighting effects look believable. This is still in the very early stages and currently no actual lighting or shading is in place. I'm experimenting to try to get high contrast without it looking false.

For instance, I experimented with shading in black to try ot up the contrast. normally I don't shade in black but in other color ranges. Shading in black tends to make it look fake. Black isn't a color, and normally in lower light situations, rather than becoming 'black', colors become darker and darker, sometimes taking on a blue tint or a yellow tint depending on the lighting circumstances, until you reach a situation of a complete void of light, where black is acceptable. Since this is a night time shot with heavy contrast and directional light, I thought that black may be justifiable in this case. Still not sure whether it is. I may have to shade as usual, but then put in additional shades of black in the places of heavy shadow. There's going to be a lot more experimentation before I settle on a shading style for this particular image.

As for the other end of the spectrum, lighting, I already understand that the lighting, particularly on the lizard herself, should be bright and high contrast as well. I may use a little white for specular light, but just like black it seems that you should only use white in extremes. colors merely get brighter in light, unless there is a polish or gloss that reflects the light. Janet's scales might have a certain level of gloss to them to justify this. her clothing, however, should not. boots, maybe. guns definitely. baddie helmets yes. because the guns of the baddies and the baddie helmets are not directly in the light beam though, they should not have as much specular light as whatever there may be on Janet. Save maybe for the baddie in the foreground, who seems to be directly in the light beam of the viewer facing spotlight.

the tl;dr version, I've put a lot of thought into the lighting of the image, Everything is being considered. Thank you for your input.
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Time for another update! I took a few days to work on shading and come up with something I liked, and I think I succeeded.

Spoiler:

Since Janet is under the most direct source of light I started with her to practice heavy contrast. I ended up using more shades of light than dark which I wasn't anticipating but it seemed to work out. Instead of going for white or black I went with a really really dark shade of hte base color, a near black, and a very light color, almost whitish yellow for hte skin and a very light gray for the shirt. Haven't gotten to anything else yet. the cone of light for the left helicopter was a bit difficult but i took a look at some helicopter spotlight images and I think I made a reliable replica. the other one I added some more lighting effects to make it really seem like that light is shining right at you.

It's really coming along now, and I think it'll only be a few more days before it's complete.
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuka on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Looks great!

—Confucius

Nuka
Resident Hax0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:12 pm

YOu made me wanna draw again Very Happy You should make those guys into VIPER or Argent soldiers. Some DoF would be cool too ^^
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

CO Handle : @IEpicWolfI
Awesomeness Meter : 14
Awesomeness Meter : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet Green on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Those are actually Stillwater soldiers. This was when Janet was still trying to expose and bring down the corrupt megacorp Stillwater Inc. A slip in her cover lead to her being chased by his soldiers through an industrial complex to the roof.

I am considering drawing Janet in the setting of CO, it's just a question of where in CO, and should she be her normal self or her CO self?
Janet Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum