Delta: Origins

Go down

Delta: Origins

Post by Uncle Delta on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 am

So bored before the work that I'm gonna write little stories for Delta as a character. SO yeah, enjoy Very Happy And let me know of any typos, I did get a B+ in English, but it's still not my first language, so mistakes will happen Razz

Chapter One, Dogs of War

He looked around. Bodies of his dead squad members from the 1st Royal Wolferian Regiment piling around him. Not just them, the German soldiers, some French, American too perhaps. Hard to recognize the body parts with the uniforms soaking red. He presses tightly on his wound. Used a dead man's jacket to create an improvised bandage. Wasn't easy doing it with just one hand. He slowly peeks ofer the pile of dead men, looking if any of his men survived at all. The battlefield is still torn by the Titans-walking stronghold like tanks, explosions, bullets, cannon balls and raygun fire. If he could get to the trench maybe he'll survive. The message has to be delivered be all means. He looks back one more time. He whispers "I will not fail you Father." to himself and picks up his rifle. Hell, he can still shoot. Just because that cannon took his arm it doesn't mean he can't fight! That thought gave him some hope...

Jumped over. Starts running, with one goal to acheive- reach the trench, get the wound sterilized, get the message to the Queen. Sounds easy, but running by the German soldiers' Sniffers-artificialy created manimals used to 'sniff' the enemy troops might prove as something more than easy. He runs by some of the 34th Front Batallion. They tried ot stop him, to have his ound treated, but he just shoved them off and kept on running. The bombs exploding around him, men falling, preying to their Gods in their home languages, others either fighting or dead. As he jumps in the trench an explosion knocks him off while mid-air. He falls into the trench. As he opens his eyes he can't hear anything. The explosion must have pierced his ear drums. He slowly gets up and smells the air. The smell of death overfilling his nostrills do not help.

He takes the right tunnel. Dark, and crampy, not much space to fight if the need arises. He runs as fast as his wounds allow him to, through the seemingly never ending shaft. He hears some voices. tops for a seconds and focuses his senses. He swears he heard "Scheize!" being spoken by one of the figures. Not to mention th especific German gun powder smell. "Germans..." He thinks. He then proceeds to sneak on the two figures. He fires his rifle at one of them, who falls quickly, then throwns his rifle on the ground and pounces the second soldier. In shock, the figure doesn't know what is going on, but by the time he realises that he should be shooting, the attacker bites into his neck so deep, the head rolls off slowly, while the blood gashes out. He cleans his mouth and takes the rifle. After 5 minutes of running, he finally reaches the metal door of the bunker. He knocks three times, then twice, four times then six. The door opens, 4 heavily armed troopers point his rifles at him. He only has time to say he has the message for the Queen
before he passes out.

What happened next seemed like a dream. Voices talking over him, the warmth of bed, the pian of his wounds. But he did it. The message was delivered. The war will be won. For all he lost, at least he managed to end the 100 years old Third World War. He slowly succumbs to the tiredness and falls asleep.

Major of the 1st Royal Wolferian Regiment, Cheveyo Delta. The wolf, who ended the Third World War, on Wolferia.

Last edited by Uncle Delta on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

CO Handle : @IEpicWolfI
Awesomeness Meter : 14
Awesomeness Meter : 147

Back to top Go down

Re: Delta: Origins

Post by Moon Huntress on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:51 pm

I don't know how you guys do it. Whenever I try to write a story I start to lose interest not even halfway and go to do something else. This is pretty good, Chev ^_^
Moon Huntress

CO Handle : Moon Huntress
Awesomeness Meter : 0
Awesomeness Meter : 153

http://avatars.imvu.com/AppleMousie

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 pm

Moon Huntress wrote:I don't know how you guys do it. Whenever I try to write a story I start to lose interest not even halfway and go to do something else. This is pretty good, Chev ^_^

Yay Very Happy Part II comin tonight ^^, I mostly write whenever Im bored. Not to mention my imagination is like the Never Ending Story. Very Happy
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Chapter II, Dog Days

He wakes up. A ceiling. Means he's not dead. As he moves the pain in his body tells him not do do it too much. He sits on the bed he lies in. The aparature on his right keeps on puffing steam and beeping. Remembers he lost his ar, takes his hand towards the what was an open wound before. His hand lands on cold metal, linked to the aparature by pipes hissing hit steam. He looks around slowly. The room is clean white, with colours of gold, bronze and grey showing on the machinery. The window curtains are opened, letting the warm sunrays inside. After just few seconds the door opens up and a blurry figure walks in.
"Good afternoon Major Delta. My name is Wilfred, and I am your current nurse. I can see that you have regained full concience, which is a good sign." The figure said, in a cold, yet lively voice.
"Yes..is...this the..-"
"Yes sir, the Royal Hospital of Mother Marien. You have been here ever since you were brougth from West France. You have been unconcious for two weeks. Current date: February, 13th, Thursday, year 2918."
"Is th-"
"Yes sir, the Laverium War, also known as the Third World War has ended one week ago, when the message you recieved was delivered ot her Highness, Queen Mary-Ann the Third. Germans have surrendered and their armies were disbanded and dismembered."
"I see...is my-"
"Unfortunately, your father is dead, Major Delta. General Anthony Francis Delta was killed during the bombarment you and your men recieved. You and your deceased father recieved 6 medals of Bravery, 5 medals of Courage and the highest medal of all- The Golden Wolf Fang. Your father was also rewarded with In Memoria Post Mortem medal."
"Is my wife here? Or anyone else form the family?" he said covering his eyes and lying back.
"Your mother, sir. Do you wish to speak with her?"
"Yes, let her in.."
"Of course sir. Should you need anything, please ress the green button by the night desk. Please rest, and have a wonderful day." and with those words the figure left the room.
"Blasted robots..." Delta whispered to himself. He looked at the night desk. His uniform and all his belongings from the battlefield, stacked nicely, with all the medals on top in their respected casings. He reached his hand towards them when a wolf lady walked in and rushed towards his bed.
"Dearest son, I have missed you so much!" the lady shouted as she sat down and hugged Cheveyo.
"You too mother dearest." he answered. After a short moment of silence he said:
"I take it you know about father?"
"Yes...I was given the medals and the flag last night..." she whispered.
"Where...where's Jessica? I thought she'd be here?" he said.
"You...you haven't been told?" his mother replied looking at him grievly.
"Mother what's wrong, I can tell something's off..."
"Cheveyo....East London was bombarded a month ago...they...they found Jessica dead, in your apartament...she was crushed by the derbis...I'm so sorry dear son..." she said quietly. After a long moment of silence all Cheveyo could say was:
"It was nice seeing you, dear mother. You should go, I've been told ot rest...and that damned pipe leakage.."
"Leakage? The pipes are not leaking son.."
He covered his face in his hand and tears could have been seen, going down his cheeks. "I said leakage mother."
"I see...please, rest you will need it.."She said and left the room, closing the door behind him. As she got ready to walk out, she heard screaming, cries and sounds of metal being torn apart. She rushed back in with a few doctors who were standing nearby who heard the noises. As she walked in, Cheveyo was kneeling at the broken window, his bed gone, the machinery destroyed, the medals scattered on the floor. All she could do is cry as she walked out when the doctors tried ot calm Delta down. She knows that Delts loved Jessica more than anything. He signed up to the army not just beacause it was a long family tradition, or that his country needed him. It was because then hecould afford all those gifts for her. He desired nothing more than to see her again when he comes back from the frontlines. Her and their pups that she was carrying. Now, all Cheveyo's left with are couple of metal keychains, one arm and heartbroken mother.

The one who ends the war, finds no reward.
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:52 am

I like that fact that it's help entirely in the present tense. You don't see works of that quality in that specific style. Bravo, my good sir, bravo.

The Dread Lord

CO Handle : @ADDGuy @AppleGravy
Awesomeness Meter : 7
Awesomeness Meter : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Delta on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:10 am

Yays Very Happy Thanks Arkas ^^
Uncle Delta
The Creepy Uncle